The meritorious sportspersons of Chandigarh who excel at the state / National and International level are issued Sports Gradation for academic purposes by Sports Department, Chandigarh Administration as per its Gradation Policy.
The certificates shall be graded as A, B, C, D as per following:-
Sportsmen/Sportswomen of International standing i.e. those who have represented India/donned India colour in the following International Tournaments/Meets/Championships/Competitions etc:-
Sportsmen/Sportswomen who have participated in the following Tournaments / Competitions / Championships etc:-
Students seeking admissin to this category shall be considered only:-
(a) If his/her age falls within the age group which is eligible for participation in Inter Collee / Inter University tournaments.
(b) If his/ her acheiveent is sports relates to his / her activity in any of the three years preceding to admission.
(c) Gradation Certificate will not be meant for employment purposes.
1. Only those certificates issued by the concerned Sports /Federations / Associations as properly signed in ink by atleast one of the office bearers of the respective Sports federation / Associations. The position holders certificate (s) issued by the State Association must have photography attested by the concerned association with serial number.
2. In the context of individual events / team games position achieved will be considered only if it has been acheived through a competition with seven or more competitors / atleast seven units i.e. for State, Senior, Junior /Inter College.
(a) International Tournaments for Senior and Junior organised by the International Federation of that discipline and where atleast 10 countries have participated, other than those mentioned against Grade-A. Cricket will be excluded from this.
(b) Atleast 10 States / Universities for Nationals i.e. Senior / Junior and All India Interversity, respectively, shall take part for gradation purposes.
3. The applicants shall be interviewed and may also be given field test9s) in the discipline(s) concerned to ascertain the genuineness of the testionial(s)/ certificate(s) which they produce in suport of thier claim(s), to make the grading of the candidate(s) not merely on the basis of the certificate(s) but after due examination and verification.
4. The Director Sports, Chandigarh Administration, or his nominee, not below the rank of Joint Director Sprots will issue the certificate and also have the authority to cancel any certificate at any time, if it is found to have been issued on false / incorrect / concealed informatin or record.
5. Sports Gradation will be used for admission in Colelges / Professional Colleges but the Director Sports or his nominee as aforementioned shall not be made party in case of non acceptance of the certificate(s) by teh admitting authority.
Games / Sports / disciplines for the issuance of Gradation Certificates
Archery, Athletics, Badminton, Baseball, Basketball, Boxing, Caone/ Kayak, Cricket, Cycling, Fencing, Football, Golf, Gymnastics, Handball, Hockey, Judo, kabaddi, Kho Kho, Rowing, Shooting, Softball, Skating, Swimming, Table Tennis, Taekwondo, Tennis, Volleybal, Weightlifting and Wrestling.